terça-feira, 5 de abril de 2011

O poema de um ex-soldado americano / The poem of a former american soldier

Um soldado americano inspecciona livros deixados pelos alemães (1944).



What Are You Doing?


What are you doing, where are you going, what is your five-year plan?
We cannot help you without knowing, then we will understand.


Where are you going, what are you doing, what is your five-year plan?
Handing me a flag, they sent me off to war, and said you'll come back a man.


Where am I at, what am I doing, what is my five-year plan?
Crippled children, burning villages, walking with blood on my hand.


Where are you going, where have you been, what is your five-year plan?
I've been to hell to fight your war, and now I'm back again.


Where are you going, what are you doing, what is your five-year plan?
I'm wiping this blood on your political white shirt, so you will understand.


What are you doing, where are you going, what is your five-year plan?
To heal the suffering I have caused, on my journey to become a man.



Sem comentários:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin