segunda-feira, 11 de outubro de 2010

Porque escreve um escritor? Why does the writer write?



Três citações que sublinham a necessidade de vencer a solidão, a procura de reconhecimento, a busca de um espírito introspectivo em alcançar a comunicação com o Outro.


"A writer writes not because he is educated but because he is driven by the need to communicate. Behind the need to communicate is the need to share. Behind the need to share is the need to be understood. The writer wants to be understood much more than he wants to be respected or praised or even loved. And that perhaps, is what makes him different from others".



Leo Rosten


"I only wish that when I write, the other person, a kindred spirit, would rejoice at what I rejoice at, would be angry at what angers me, or would cry with the same tears with which I cry. I don’t know the need to say something to the whole world, but I know the pain of solitary pleasure, crying, suffering".

Leo Tolstoy, em carta a um amigo (1857)
 
 
 
"I had the lonely child’s habit of making up stories and holding conversations with imaginary persons, and I think from the very start my literary ambitions were mixed up with the feeling of being isolated and undervalued. I knew that I had a facility with words and a power of facing unpleasant facts, and I felt that this created a sort of private world in which I could get my own back for my failure in everyday life".

George Orwell, Why I Write

Sem comentários:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin